Thai Red Curry Paste Rice…Another one of those quick recipes...one dish and a light cucumber salad and dinner done!!
Thai Red Curry Paste Rice
- Boiled rice, about 4 cups
- Chicken breasts, boneless, cut into strips, 300 gms
- Thai Red Curry paste, 1 ½ heaped tbsp
- Fish Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Light Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Palm or Brown Sugar, 1 tsp 3/4 Juice of 1 lime,
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Dried Red chili, 1-2 (optional)
- Coriander leaves, a handful
- Lemon slices/wedges
Heat oil in a wok and fry the dried red chilies till it changes colour. Strain it out and add the curry paste. Fry on low heat till the oil separates.
Increase the heat to high and add in the chicken. Mix well with paste and cook for about 5-6 minutes till chicken gets cooked through.
Add in the sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and mix well.
Tip in the cooked rice and stir to mix well.
Switch off the gas and add in the lime juice. Mix well and serve garnished with the fried red chili, coriander leaves and lemon slices/wedges.
- The amount of curry paste will depend on the brand you are using.
- Adjust the amount of paste and other seasonings according to taste.
- Can use normal sugar if you don't have palm or brown sugar.