One of those sleepless nights again...and I craved something fried and crunchy in the morning...had some leftover stuff so thought of making Rice Tikkis/Patties...
- Cooked Rice, 1 cup, lightly mashed
- Potatoes, 3-4 large, boiled, peeled and grated
- Frozen peas, 1 cup, thawed and lightly mashed
- Red Chili powder, 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder, 1 tsp
- Aamchur/Dried mango powder or Chaat Masala, 1 tsp (optional)
- Fresh Ginger, grated, 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves, a handful, finely chopped
- Green chilies, finely chopped, 2-3
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for shallow frying
- Replace Rice with Paneer/ Indian cottage cheese and /or added veggies of your choice like grated carrots, steamed cauliflower, bean sprouts.
- You can deep fry these for added crunch. If deep frying, add a couple of tablespoons of corn starch or rice flour for additional binding so that they don’t break.